I am a devotee of 1/72 figures; the 'one true scale'. Like many it is where it began for me. Unfortunately, I gave in to the metal 'snobbery' that still prevailed in the late 80s and moved to 15 mm figs, but gladly returned to the scale of my roots with my resurgence in wargaming in the first decade of this century.
![]() |
| These were announced earlier this year and released late last month. I ordered multiple boxes of each as soon as I could. |
For me, there is a 'goldilocks zone' to this scale. They are well proportioned and fine, large enough for detail to be fairly readily painted and discernible, but small enough to allow good numbers of troops to be brought to the table. Additionally, since the vast majority of my figures are plastics (along with a few 1/72 metals as well as 20 mm and true 25 mm) I have been able to acquire enough for sizeable forces.
Until now, a big gap in the Napoleonic offerings has been Austrian ('German') infantry in shako (with only an older, fairly ordinary set from Hat) and Russian horse artillery of any kind. This year, Hat Miniatures rectified this, producing two sets of the former and four of the latter. The Russian artillery includes foot artillery for 1805 and 1808 as well as early and late horse artillery. I snapped up several boxes of each as soon as they became available.
That fills the last, significant gap in my ultimate, megalomaniacal desires. Happy chappy I am! 😀

Could you not get someone to resize and print off some of the missing collection?
ReplyDeleteThat's funny Ray, I edited it down to show just a few, thinking that was enough, but have put the original in; just for you!
Delete